Residential Elevators Can Help Seniors Age in Place
Stairlifts of Louisiana carries a wide range of residential elevators and provides full elevator installation services in Louisiana. We’re here to help you find an elevator that fits in your home and your budget. It’s our mission to help you live in your own home for as long as possible.
Benefits of Residential ElevatorsHome elevators provide a number of benefits for seniors wishing to age in place, including the following:
- Easy accessibility to all levels of the home for every member of the household
- Worry-free independence for older residents
- Custom designs to fit every home and every style
- Cost-effective alternative to assisted living or full-time care
HydraulicsWhen it comes to home elevators, you’ve got multiple options. The team at Louisiana Stairlifts helps people every day find lifts that fit their needs, their homes, and their budgets. Elevators are a flexible solution for the challenges of aging in place.
In the past, elevators operated using a traction system. These systems use ropes to pull the cab to where it’s called. Traction systems are costly to install and often impractical in a residential space. Luckily, elevator technology has come a long way. Today, hydraulic systems are the most common residential elevator. These use the compression of fluid to move the cab between floors. They require less space than other systems and are less expensive to install and operate.
Design OptionsAt Louisiana Stairlifts, we offer our customers a variety of customization options, including the following:
- Cab interior finishes: You can choose glass, wood, stainless steel, or other materials for walls and floors.
- Cab doors: Again, we offer a wide range of materials you can use to achieve a unique look that fits your home’s décor.
- Lighting: Lighting is important to the comfort and look of your unit. White, colors, LED – choose what you like.
- Upgrades: You can add special features to your unit for enhanced design or functionality