Keeping Stairlift in Perfect Working Order
- Keep the track clean. A dirty track can cause the chair to get stuck or to even fall off the track.
- Lubricate it regularly. You should lubricate the track every 3 months and the swivel chair every 6 months to prevent deterioration caused by friction.
- Inspect moving parts monthly. Make sure the chair is not loose or wobbly, and that the wheels all rotate freely. If there’s a trailing cable check it for signs of damage.
- Check bolts. Tighten any that need tightening.
- Check your battery’s charge. They should be charged completely and, depending on usage, typically need to be replaced every 1 to 2 years.